It’s been awhile since I posted on this blog. The last time was at the beginning of this year. I know the last showing blog post is from 2012, but that’s because I had a problem with GoDaddy (there fault but they won’t admit that) that caused me to lose every post/comment from 2012 until now. I had regular backups but several of them (which included the missing posts) were corrupted. Needless to say, I was upset, so much that I stepped away from this blog until now. One day soon, I am hoping to move all my sites off GoDaddy. I hate them with a passion! Horrible costumer service!
Amanda is a common name and many times in preteen/teenage life, I wish I had an uncommon or unique name. And even though there are still times I get a pang of jealousy when I hear a cool name, I am pretty happy with Amanda. I’m even more happy with why my parents (or should I say my Dad) named me Amanda.
See, my Dad was fond of the actress who played Miss Kitty on the TV show Gunsmoke. Her name was Amanda Blake. When I was born, my Dad decided that I would be named Amanda. He forgot to tell my Mom about the change since they had decided beforehand to name me Lacey Lynnette. To say my Mom was shocked when they handed her “Amanda” is an understatement. My Mom and Dad hardly ever added the “A” sound when pronouncing my name so all my cards, presents and notes where addressed to “Manda” which is the name I prefer.
My middle name is Sue, which is also my Mom’s middle name so I always assumed my middle name came from her. But I have never officially asked my Mom or Dad why they went with Sue.
When me and Mike were pregnant with Raven, we decided to name her after Edgar Allen Poe’s poem “The Raven”. I wanted something unique and always had a fondness for that particular poem of his (though The Black Cat is my favorite). Also, my grandfather (my Mom’s Dad who died when my Mom was 8 months old) was half Native American and the name Raven has Native American ties to it. So I thought it was fitting. Her middle name is Jane, which we named her after my Nan (grandmother who is named Mary Jane) who passed away almost a year ago. Her and Raven where extremely close.
What about you? Are you named after someone, something?
I’m not going to lie, I hate exercising. I like dancing, walking and the like but when it is the sole purpose of exercising, I don’t like it one little bit. I hate it when I start, despise it in the middle and loath it at the end only thankful for finally being done with it.
But after I have completed the workout, I feel good. I feel proud of myself for finishing the entire hour and thank the good Lord I am done with it for the day. And that feeling continues on through the rest of the day. In addition, my entire body feels better and even with the aches and pains that come with exercising aging bones (I’m going to be 32 this year! OMG) it’s a good pain if that makes any sense.
Am I looking forward to the hour workout tomorrow? Hell no! Would I rather be able to lose weight by sitting on my ass, watching movies and eating chocolate? Hell yes! Is that going to happen? Unfortunately no so that means I have to keep exercising in order to get rid of the 10 pounds I have gained these past few months plus an additional 10 to 20 pounds to get to my goal weight of 135 to 140 pounds.
I have so many things I need/want to do and I just cannot seem to fit them all in during the day. I would cut back on sleep but I am one of these people that cannot function properly on a mere 4 or 5 hours of sleep. Even with 8 hours of sleep and the proper dosage of iron pills as prescribed by my doctor, I am still tired. That is mainly due to the almost non-existent iron in my body (I have severe iron- deficiency anemia and my body cannot hold onto iron which means I have no iron reserve and am always tired). Anyway, I need a few extra hours during the day to get everything done. I really envy those who can go! go! go! with only a few hours of sleep. Anyway, it’s almost 1:30am and I should have went to bed a few hours ago. The cats have been reminding me in a not-so-subtle way that they too are ready to hit the hay. Goodnight all!
- Went to Ohio for a late Christmas dinner with my Dad, stepmom and stepbrothers.
- My Nan (grandma) passed away on the 17th. I miss that old, perverted woman so much and there is not a day that goes by that I do not think about her.
- My grandpa who lives in Ohio passed away on the 22nd.
- Bought my husband a WoW Alliance ring for Valentine’s Day.
- Had the best Valentine’s Day I had had in about 4 years.
- Celebrated Mike’s 32nd birthday.
- Battled a major cold for several weeks.
- Started a vegetable garden.
- Became addicted to the mind numbing reality show The Jersey Shore.
- Celebrated my 31st birthday.
- Started the Couch-to-5K.
- Celebrated Raven’s 14th birthday.
- Bought my first pair of running shoes.
- My uncle passed away.
- Celebrated my Mom’s 53rd birthday.
- Fell in love with the TV show Twin Peaks.
- Found the house we wanted.
- Watched The Hangover 2 twice in the movie theaters.
- Celebrated Nan’s birthday with cake. This was the first birthday she celebrated in heaven.
- Cut down on how much pop I drunk, replacing it with water.
- Seemed like we would not get the house.
- Had a mini breakdown due to stress.
- Found 2 kittens outside and started taking care of them.
- We got the house!
- Closed on the house on the 14th.
- My cousin Daniel towed my car for me to the family mechanic so the break lines could be fixed.
- Began working on the house.
- The girl kitten we found outside in June came up missing. We don’t know what happened to her.
- Photographed my stepbrother’s wedding.
- Spent half the month working on the house.
- Began getting the new kitten (who we named Nefarian)use to begin indoors and around Jedi and London.
- Moved into our home on the 18th.
- Raven started high school.
- Still getting settled into our home.
- Photographed my stepbrother’s reception.
- Raven went to her first high school dance.
- Celebrated Halloween.
- Had a movie night at my house we my Mom.
- A major client of mine reduced their work load and our finances took a BIG hit.
- Started having bad headaches on the left side of my head that continue to this day,
- Went to my Sister-in-law’s baby shower.
- My Dad told me he is going to try to move back to WV!
- Celebrated Thanksgiving.
- Me and Mike celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary.
- Kept remarking about how it does not feel like Christmas.
- Celebrated Christmas.
- Took maternity photos for my sister-in-law.